Monday, January 19, 2015

Cape Horn Trail

The Columbia Gorge is an important place to me.

Let me give you some context of what it means to me.

My now husband, Tyson, and I were long distance for a year a half. Back in 2011, I was working in Walla Walla, WA and he was in Portland, OR. I commuted several times a month through this gorge during late hours and in heavy rain. We hiked in the gorge. We camped in the gorge. We fell in love in the gorge. We contemplated the difficulty of our distance and took a break from seeing each other, and decided to reconvene and discuss if we should keep working at this. . . in the gorge. Obviously, the gorge convinced us to keep on, because a few months after that, I moved to Portland. And after that, we got engaged . . . in the gorge.

We're married now and live in Portland, OR now (and I've never been happier) and still visit the gorge as often as we can. Here's some pictures of a hike we did yesterday in the gorge, called the Cape Horn Trail. It's a 7.5 mile trail loop and even in January, I couldn't resist getting as close as I could to the waterfall.




No comments:

Post a Comment