Monday, February 2, 2015

Smith Rock State Park

I used to live in central California and I love the ocean.
I now live in Portland, OR and I love the forest, foliage, and greenery.
I have never lived in the desert or intend to, because I don't love the dryness, the extreme temperatures, or the scenery.

But Bend, OR and Smith Rock State Park is a playground for the outdoorsman/rock climber and because it makes my husband, Tyson, so happy, it's become one of my favorite places to visit. The rock formations are so majestic and the views are pretty unbeatable. There are several thousand climbs in the park and more than a thousand are bolted routes. It's on our bucket list to climb Monkey Face as soon as possible! 

Sorry to those avid skiers who were hoping for snow this winter, but I certainly have no complaints about this mild January weather. We camped this last weekend with a few friends and rock climbed. 

Tyson and I at Smith Rock State Park
Winter outdoor climbing in January at The Peanut 
Fun weekend crew / Tyson and I, Kim, Parker & Denny (their Blue Heeler)

 All of these pictures by Kim Pridgen: http://instagram.com/kimberly_pridgen

No comments:

Post a Comment