Monday, February 16, 2015

Silver Falls State Park

Tyson has been reading a book on Teddy Roosevelt and often tells me bits and pieces of all of his accomplishments (all before he was 30), like fixing the corruption of the Police Department when they all had deals/payouts with the mob, or creating/designating all our National Parks.

It got me thinking about all of my own accomplishments and to be frank, that list isn't long. I'm financially stable. I found myself a good partner/spouse. My career thus far has been . . . fine. For a second I felt disappointed with myself in comparison, and on the next breath, I realized that I actually, don't give a shit.

I'm happy to live simply. I'm happy to breathe fresh air, sleep every night next to a man I love, enjoy the foliage of my home state, enjoy good food and fill my time with simple hobbies. I'm in love with my life, every moment of it, and that's success to me.

Here's a few quick pics from a hike we did on Valentine's Day. Silver Falls State Park near Salem. Easy hike, 8.4 miles, crowded trail but amazing waterfalls. 

Hiking behind the falls 
Foliage at Silver Falls State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment